Monday 25 June 2012

Beetle Week Starts Tomorrow!

Starting tomorrow, 5 days of beetle-y goodness!

Earlier this year, I was commissioned by entomologist and insect photographer 
Morgan Jackson of Biodiversity in Focus to contribute to a soon-to-be-published dead-tree book. The result?  My first series of scientific illustrations, instead of the off-kilter surreal scientific illustrations I'm known for. 

© Glendon Mellow

I learned a lot and I'll be sharing the artwork and techniques starting tomorrow for discussion, review and questions. Join me for Beetle Week here at The Flying Trilobite!


  • Day 1: The Challenge of Scientific Illustration
  • Day 2: Painting Bugs with ArtRage Studio Pro
  • Day 3: Being a Freelancing Dad
  • Day 4: Animated Painting of Trachys
  • Day 5: The Exhibit



- - - - - - - -



Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite © to Glendon Mellow
under Creative Commons Licence.

Portfolio
Blog
Print Shop

Find me on Symbiartic, the art+science blog on the Scientific American Blog Network!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |